We know it’s a bit of a cliché, but often turning the unit off and on again can help! To do this it is recommended to power it off at the mains:
1. Locate the dedicated circuit breaker, which should be where your installer connected the charger’s cabling to your main supply.
2. Switch it off and leave it for 30 seconds.
3. Switch back on again.
4. If the charger still can’t be found, try and reconnect to the network.
1. Turn the Windows Defender Firewall off for both public and private network settings.
2. Go to ‘Network and Internet Settings’ by clicking on the bottom left on the Wifi and select “Ethernet” then “Change adapter options” to configure the IP address.
3. Right-click on “Ethernet”, select “Properties”, and double-click the “Internet Protocol Version 4”.
4. Manually input the IP address - 192.168.100.100 and the Default gateway – 192.168.100.1
5. Click OK and OK again.
6. Connect the waEV-charge EV1 charger to the PC using the Ethernet cable.
7. Right-click on the waEV-charge EV1 Config Tool 2.4.4 and click “Run as administrator”.
8. Select “yes” on the warning.
9. Once launched, click “Connect”.
10. Once successfully connected to the charger, you will see the serial number and firmware version.
11. To connect to WiFi, within the config tool, click the WiFi tab at the bottom and enter both the name and password for the WiFi
12. Click on “Submit” and you will see 2 success messages.
13. Click “Disconnect” and then reboot the charger by powering down and up after 10 seconds. When rebooted, the charger will automatically connect to WiFi and you can proceed to commission to the ev.energy app.
14. If the charger is still not available after connecting to a network, contact email@example.com for further assistance.
If this doesn't help, we recommend checking your network to ensure everything works. You can also follow this step-by-step guide on how to get your unit connected to your home Wifi.
If none of this works, please contact the waEV-charge team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Send us a message, and a member of our support team will get back to you.